We strive to make worship reverent and Christ-centered. This means that worship should be designed for God's people to know they are in the midst of a holy God. We are called to give worship to Him, not the other way around.
Being Christ-centered is to focus all things on Jesus Christ. The "Order of Worship" aims to communicate the story of redemption throughout the service. Each worship service should be a reminder and rehearsal of life in the gospel.
Here is what you will typically see if you attend one of our services:
- Call to Worship: A reading from the Scriptures calling God's people to worship Him.
- Hymns: The Lord's people respond with adoration and praise.
- Invocation: A prayer asking God to meet with His people.
- Confession of Sin: The Lord's holiness exposes our sinfulness.
- Assurance of Pardon: The Lord speaks from His Word in assurance that we are forgiven.
- Hymn of Response: God's people are moved to praise!
- Pastoral Prayer: The Lord hears the prayers of His people as we lift our needs to Him.
- Giving of Tithes and Offerings: We give back, with glad hearts, what the Lord has given us.
- Children's Sermon: Jesus loves the little children and desires that we bring them to Him.
- Sermon: The expositional preaching of God's holy Word.
- Closing Hymn: Let the people praise Him!
- Benediction: A pastoral prayer of blessing given to God's people.
We are excited to have you join us for worship!